Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week 5 - Website Ideas

Okay...my website, Don't Buy The Lye! is going to be about natural hair - it will explain what it means, the advantages of being natural and will include web resources, links and videos. Hopefully it will be a clear and complete resource for those that would like to begin to learn more about natural hair. I intend for my site to be simple and understandable. I chose this topic because I have been natural for close to three years and I have spent a significant amount of time surfing the net in search of knowledge pertaining to natural hair. For the first two and a half years I chronicled my hair growth and hair change, thoughts, problems, solutions, etc. - I guess this past year I kinda fell off of the wagon because I don't chronicle anymore. All of my images will come from my personal collection - I looked at the free digital photo websites that were provided for us via alb.edu but unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures that would fit into this topic. It's okay though - I will work around it. I do not have an HTML Editor and will be using FrontPage - I don't like the Personal Website Editor ( I think that's what it is called) that was shown to us in class. I am going to see if I can find FrontPage on the web.

Storyboarding helped me to visually plan out what my website as well as the specifics of what will be written on the page. I already did my storyboard but I will transfer it on the Storyboard example that is provided in Diigo. The questions asked on the syllabus has helped me to be more focused on the main goal of my website. This is a huge project that is making my tummy turn. UGH. I complain too much on this site. I know. I am sorry but this is tough.

Thoughts about the reading: WHOA. Big WHOA. I don't know if I am advanced enough to used the Advanced Tips and Tricks - but I must admit - I did try the Auto Sharpen tool that was introduced in this reading, but, as usual - this varied considerably from version 7 to version 6 (that I downloaded). So................... I had to search but I figured it out. It didn't work though - hmmmmmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment